Thursday 9 February 2012

"I Want Something Chemical-Free"

If I had a dollar every time I hear the above, I'd be typing this post over breakfast in a Munich cafe.

A women came in today and tried to obtain a refund on a tube of cream by claiming that it caused these not visible bumps on her forehead. Did I mention the tube is empty? She looked up these horrible looking chemicals on the back and *gasp* there are preservatives inside!! Because of that, she is dead convinced its "that preservative" that's caused these reactions - despite the fact that she's been using it "for ages" and the reaction only started 10 days ago.

"But it's the only thing I am using, the only thing!!!!" (Translation: I'm not using anything else that *I think* is causing this reaction) I later found out she also uses Elizabeth Arden make up.

Did it matter that I was patient and explained that without the preservatives she'd probably be slapping on multi-dipped serving of unsanitary goo on her head? Or the fact I tried to explain just because it has a chemical name doesn't mean it's bad? It was like playing a harp before a cow

Yes, it's horrible how these companies are "getting away" with putting nasty-sounding chemicals in facial products but last I checked, you didn't mouth off to god in your prayers for including isoamyl acetate or 2-heptyl acetate in the banana.

Don't get too excited, that was in no way an admission of validity for creationism on my part.

3 comments:

  1. 1) Customer is always right.
    2) Customer is always right.
    3) You should sell her another product with no preservatives - olive oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pill Counter,

    I love how you link terms to wikipedia.

    XoXo
    Love your site.

    ReplyDelete